Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Taco Soup

Winter is in full force!
Hello Snow!
Hello SOUP!

Sooooooo easy to make!!

I know there are a bunch of different versions of Taco Soup floating around, but this is the one my family uses.

Ingredients:
1 pound hamburger
1 medium onion chopped
1 15 ounce can of chili
8 ounces water
1 8 ounce tomato sauce
1 28 ounce stewed tomatoes (I use the petite diced ones)
1 15 ounce kidney beans (we were out, used black beans instead. Mmmmmmm)
1 4 ounce diced green chilies (didn't have any, totally fine to leave it out)
1 can corn
1 package taco season mix (Again, was out. So I used THIS recipe to make my own.)

Brown hamburger & onion together and drain the fat. In a large pan, add hamburger and all the other ingredients. Heat through and serve warm with shredded cheese, fritos, and sour cream on top. (We were out of fritos, they're my weakness, so we used tortilla chips.) You can also add guacamole on top, but I don't do "rottonmole". Lol.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment