Friday, January 25, 2013

Make Your Own Powdered Sugar

This morning I was making breakfast, I was so excited, until I realized that I was out of powdered sugar!! Tragic, really. So I posted it on my Facebook Page and received a great suggestion, from Amber, to use the pin that tells you how to make your own powdered sugar. I had never seen it! I was pretty excited.Thanks, Amber!!
THIS is where I got the recipe from.

How to Make Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Sugar
2 tbs Corn Starch

Combine the 2 in a blender.
Turn the blender on and blend until the mixture is a powdery combination, depending on your liking.
Store final mixture in an airtight container.
 
Pretty simple. I probably could have blended mine a wee bit more, it was a little grainy & not as powdery as store bought, but the husband had just gone to bed, so I didn't want to disturb him too much longer.

All in all, it worked. I probably will just use this method when I'm in a pinch!

2 comments:

  1. I use a high speed blender. It turns granular sugar into dust in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well wow! Talk about learn something new every day. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete