Friday, January 18, 2013

Sugar Cookie Bowls

One of my amazing "likers" on Facebook suggested that I try a cookie bowl pin.
So, that's what I did today.
There were chocolate chip ones, meh, I didn't have chocolate chips... Then I saw a Sugar Cookie one! YAY.
And...
They turned out pretty good.
THIS is where the recipe is from.

Sugar Cookie Bowls
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray so that each cup is evenly coated. Sift flour & salt in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and extracts, beating until combined. Add the flour and salt mixture a little at a time, beating after each addition, until all the flour is incorporated.

Roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thinckness. Cut out circles roughly 3.5in in diameter. Mold each circle to the bottom of the muffin tin.

Bake approximately 12 minutes, or until lighty golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for several minutes before loosening the bowls by running a knife gently around the edge of each bowl. Remove the bowls from the pan and allow to cool completely. Fill with your favorite filling and enjoy.

(These next 5 photos are just from my phone, not the best quality... I admit, I was too lazy to go downstairs to grab my camera)
My cookie cutters.
I decided to use my flower cookie cutter as well, I thought it would be cute to have a different edge.
Put it on... Cracks.. Mold away!
Molded.
Time to bake.
So... They kind of squished together. I ran a knife between them and it was fine. I think nex time I might do like an every other placement...
Not too shabby...

TIME FOR ICE CREAM!!
Yummmmm...
My husband & daughters got a kick out of these.
I will be making these again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment