Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Decorative Blocks

For Young Women's, I wanted to do a craft with the girls. I ran across THIS one from Lil Luna, so this is what we ended up making.
I love it! I can't wait to make the 2013 theme to go right next to it!
 
While I had "crafting" on the brain. I decided to make blocks for my daughter's rooms. I have seen a couple pins on Pinterest about having a map up & a heart where everyone was born. Super cute, but we're boring. YAY. Haha.
So I kind of came up with something on my own.
These cutesy little things!
It's a 5x7 block.
Painted.
Used Photoshop to make a 4x6 with whatever info that I wanted on it.
Mod Podged it on.
Tied some tulle.
Hooked a picture on.
Bam.
Done.
Brielle helped me paint hers, she was so excited when we finished & it dried. She grabbed it and totally ran to her room to put it on her dresser. *melt my heart* I am raising a crafter! *Squeal!*

5 comments:

  1. Very very cute!
    I was inspired by similar things on Pinterest and ended up embroidering states and putting a bead for the special city...haven't finished my project with them though...I need to find the perfect frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!
      That is such a cute idea! I can't wait to see yours finished.

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! If you ever want help I would love to. Also, I'm dying to try the red velvet pancakes. I know my girls and I will love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll for sure keep you in mind :)
      They're yummy!! I hope you like them!

      Delete