Thursday, December 11, 2014

Perfect White Bread

I don't know about anyone else, but we go through bread like it's no body's business!! The hub takes 2 sandwiches to work every day, we have 3 kids who love sandwiches for lunch, and I just love bread. I cringe buying bread. The bread we buy is 2.50-2.98 a loaf.

I decided to try out baking our own bread. I tried a couple recipes, didn't like the bread. Then I tried THIS recipe. Holy yummm. I have made it twice this week, just to make sure the first time wasn't just by chance. I think it turned out even better the 2nd time. It is insanely easy. It is the perfect white bread recipe!

granny’s perfect white bread
Ingredients
  • 3 cups warm water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup powdered milk
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp Instant yeast
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 Tbsp salt
  • 2.5 lbs Better for Bread flour {1/2 bag}
what to do
Mix water, sugar and yeast in Bosch mixer {for doubled recipe, Kitchen aid works fine for this recipe.} When bubbles start to form, add milk, oil, salt and flour. Once all flour is in, knead on high- 5 min with the dough attachment.

Let rise double. Spray pans generously. Punch down form 3 medium loaves or 2 large loaves. Let rise to 1/2″ above pan.

Bake at 400 degrees for 17-18 min. Butter tops, let cool in pans 5 mins then turn out to finish cooling completely.

The cute girl that posted the recipe has a wonderful post about her granny. This is her granny's bread recipe. {make sure to hop on over to her page to read about her granny}









No comments:

Post a Comment